Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Trividia Manufacturing Solutions, Inc. compliant with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)?
- Yes. The facility in Lancaster, NH is:
- FDA registered
- cGMP compliant for OTC Drugs in accordance with Title 21 CFR – Part 210 and Title 21 CFR – Part 211
- cGMP compliant for Dietary Supplements in accordance with Title 21 CFR – Part 111
- Management System Certified by UL with regard to Title 21 CFR – Part 210 and Title 21 CFR – Part 111
2. Which regulatory classes of products does Trividia Manufacturing Solutions (TMS) manufacture?
- TMS manufactures a variety of products that fall under various FDA regulatory classes. The regulatory
- Over-the-counter (OTC) Drug Product
- Dietary Supplements
- Homeopathic Product
- Medical Devices or Medical Device Components (Liquids)
- Medical Food
- Animal Supplement
3. Which product formats can TMS manufacture?
- TMS has expertise in producing and packaging:
- Compressed, non-coated tablets in a variety of sizes
- Chewable, non-coated tablets in many flavors
4. Does TMS have “in-house” formulas I can customize?
- TMS has full-time formulators on staff for all product formats. We do not offer “off the shelf” formulas. We do offer full formula development and formulary assistance to our customers who desire product R&D or formula modifications. We manufacture and package branded products that are privately owned by our clients.
5. What packaging options are available from TMS?
- TMS provides both primary and secondary packaging of liquids, lotions, creams, gels, and tablets in a wide variety of componentry options. These packaging options include:
- Glass Bottles
- Plastic Bottles
- Foil Sample Packs
6. Can TMS supply raw materials and packaging components on a “turnkey” basis?
- Yes, TMS has the expertise, along with many established and reliable suppliers, to source all of your product requirements from raw materials to packaging components. Quality Assurance procedures are carefully followed and monitored to ensure that your product meets your high standards. Alternatively, some clients provide specific raw materials or exclusive packaging components.
7. Does TMS market its own products?
- No, TMS manufactures and packages products exclusively for companies that own branded products. TMS does act as a CMO for its parent company, Trividia Health, and manufactures the Trividia Health ingestible tablets, liquids, and gels, as well as topical creams and lotions. TMS does not engage in selling branded products, but focuses exclusively on contract manufacturing and packaging.
8. How is the quoting process facilitated at TMS?
Step 1: You submit an online quote request.
Step 2: TMS responds with a quote request confirmation within 24 hours.
Step 3: TMS analyzes your product and works with you to define the product requirements needed for quoting.
Step 4: TMS either confirms that we will quote your project or declines the project based on equipment capabilities, regulatory class, or production capacity.
Step 5: TMS delivers a quote, based on your individual product needs and requirements and assigns a dedicated project manager to work directly with you.
This 5-step process can take anywhere from one day to a month, depending on the complexity of your product, your product requirements and your specialized product components.
9. How long has TMS been in business?
- Trividia Manufacturing Solutions, Inc., formerly P.J. Noyes Company, was founded in 1868 in Lancaster, New Hampshire. For over 145 years, the company has produced pharmaceutical products and nutritional supplements. Many of the current employees have been with the company for over 20 years. The experience and knowledge of our employees helps give TMS a strong reputation for quality, service, and value in contract manufacturing and packaging.
10. Does TMS provide in-house testing?
- Yes, some in-house testing is performed at TMS. In 2017, we built a new lab facility on site. Testing via third party laboratories is also utilized. To ensure the highest standards of quality and accuracy, third party labs are qualified through a vendor qualification process. Independent laboratories provide some analytical testing as well as micro testing.
11. What information do I need before I contact a manufacturer?
- You will receive the most realistic quote when you can provide:
- Formula, including ingredient specifications
- Detailed formula batching instructions
- Details on packaging components
- Details on master case per unit quantities
- Quarterly forecasted volumes
- CoA (certificate of analysis) for any customer-supplied raw materials
- CoC (certificate of compliance) for any customer-supplied packaging components
- Stability testing documentation, if expiration dating is required
- Sample of product in finished packaging or package design